Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2013

Shorty!


My dad grew up with the nickname Shorty because his 5'9ish frame makes him the shortest son out of my Drandma and Drandpa Larson's four sons. If fact when my Drandma Larson introduces my siblings and I to friends up in Holbrook she refers to us as Shorty's children and she even has a Christmas stocking that was my dad's that instead of saying his first name like all of the ones his siblings stockings it said Shorty.

It isn't proven but I'm sure that some genetic thing makes the first boy in the Larson clan the shortest of either their sex or out of all the children, even more if that first child is a girl.

Well for years as Karli and Kristopher shot up and past my 5'6 frame before my hip replacements and my 5'2 frame after the replacements before they were even in the middle of high school I still had hope that Konner would at least keep the title of shortest until he graduated.

I wasn't stupid and I knew one day that title would sadly be mine but again I was hoping that Konner would just grow slower and give me more time to deal with my destined shortest title!

Well I wished far too hard!


This was taken on Christmas Eve!

I now am the shortest of my siblings! Konner who is ONLY in 8th grade is a little more than half a head taller than me! Not only that but he is the taller than Karli and Kristopher was at that age meaning that he is either going to stop growing sooner (hahaha! Yeah that's not going to happen) or be the tallest of us four.

But I took my shorty title with a grain of salt. At least I still have the oldest title and you can't out or under grow that one!

No comments: