Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Our First Christmas Ornament!


Ever since I was a teenager I decided that when I got married I wanted to get a Christmas ornament every year for my husband and myself. This Christmas I was so excited to pick out an ornament and get it for us. As I was thinking of things that reminded me of us and things we liked the idea crossed my mind to get an ornament that reflected or represented something in the past year that we did. I looked for a couple of weeks, even at Disneyland, and then I came across this!

 

It had two things we loved, Donald and Daisy Duck and it we rode in a gondola in Vegas! It was a winning pick! The only problem was it belonged to a Hallmark series from 1998! So I turned to world wide garage eBay in hope that I would get lucky and find on for a good price! Within minutes I found one in perfect condition, at an amazing price, and with an auction ending later that day with only one bid! I sat my alarm for ten minutes before the ending time and sat there watching the seconds go down with only that one and only bid in my way of getting the ornament! Then at 20 seconds I struck! Typed in a bid barely higher than the bid before and confirmed it with four seconds to spare! 4....3......2.......1 and......
 


I won the ornament with my professional eBay Sniping skills! Here it was once I got it four days later! I wrote really small in black pen on the inside of the top flap the year and that it was our first ornament, put a ribbon on it, and put it on the tree! I know it sounds funny but after hanging this on the tree and seeing it there I couldn't wait until next year to get our second ornament!

No comments: