Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Randy's Quilt!


I won't lie I'm so excited about this post!

A dear friend at work asked me when we went to uniforms to turn her scrub tops into a quilt. She has been a nurse for over twenty years and I was thrilled to do it for her!

Now this story happened about two years ago but

*I got sick

*Had surgery

*Worked a ton of overtime

*Met this guy

*Fell in love

*Had surgery again

*Said yes to the best question that I was ever asked

*Stole the last name of said guy

*Went on some trips

*Got sick

*Got mostly settled into my new life

*And then got sick again

All during this I would work on the quilt as much as I could because I was so excited to do it!

Well it finally happened and with some help from my mom, some other awesome quilters, and my mother in law's kick butt sewing machine I finished the quilt!

So enjoy some of the pictures of Randy's awesome quilt!








This is it all done! And in true Kassi form I got so excited about it I made it much bigger than I wanted it to be! Hahaha! But I was working with 20 or so years of scrubs and honestly I have enough to make another smaller quilt and pillow cases!



This is me taking the quilt to Randy at work! I can't believe we didn't get a picture together with the quilt! I'm so proud of this and Randy even cried when I gave it to her!

No comments: