Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 4, 2013

Grandparent Cuteness!


Have I ever told you that I have pretty much four of the most awesome grandparents ever! Yes, the awesomeness so be jealous! Hahaha!

While organizing and going through photos and such I came across these and I had to share!


My Grandma and Grandpa Hatch!

This picture was take of them at Brittany's wedding in November of 2011 and I love it! The week of Ron and my wedding my Grandpa got sick and had to be admitted to the hospital. He was told even if he got out of the hospital that he couldn't come down for our wedding because of how fragile his health was at that point. It completely crushed my grandparents and even though I was sad by it as well I would rather have him miss our wedding and then have years more to spend with us then have him come down for the wedding and get worse and have no more time to spend with us.


My Drandma and Drandpa Larson!

This picture was taken of them at the dinner for Ron and I after our sealing and I love it just as much as the picture above it of my other grandparents! They were both happy to be able to make it down for all the wedding festivities! But one of the things that I will hold dear to me of my wedding day was having my Drandpa Larson there in the sealing room with us as Ron and I were sealed for time and all eternity. I love  my grandpa but I always figured that I would never see him in or go with him to the Temple. I know that sounds horrible and yes I really wanted him to be able to go again but he was comfortable with his life and he was the one that made the daily choices each day with how he wanted to live life. So when I found out he had his Temple recommend and would be there I was beyond excited but it wasn't until after we were sealed and the family and friends walked by to congratulate us as they left the sealing room my Drandpa was one of the last people to come up. I was proud at the fact that I held my emotions together so well by that point but seeing him there, in the house of the Lord, witnessing how the example of him and my Drandma and my Grandma and Grandpa Hatch being sealed in the Temple lead to my parents to take, at the time, Kristopher, Karli, and myself to the Temple in 1995 to be sealed as a family, which lead to that day as I knelled over the alter with Ron, the love of my life, and started the first part of our eternal family and future together, made me completely sob tears of overwhelming joy. (Thank heaven for waterproof makeup!) Seeing the tears in his eyes and the smile on his face is an image, like so many that day, that will stay with me forever!

I love you all four of you so much and thank you for all your examples and teachings that I know I will express and show to my future babies!

No comments: