Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dylan "The Punk" Mashlan


I won't lie this was one of the hardest and bittersweet posts I have done up to date and I'm only this one sentence into writing it and I'm already sobbing!

If you know me and my family you have heard or seen or even talked to Dylan or Punk as I lovingly call him.

He is the one and only child of Jeff and Paula Mashlan who are amazing family friends and Dune buddies!

My mom started watching him before he was a year and within days of him coming to my mom's daycare he had us all completely wrapped around his finger and from that point on to me he was just like another baby brother who I love just as much as my three biological siblings and we quickly became older siblings to him.

He would come on errands and trips with us. We watched him on weekends and after my mom's daycare hours. He would stay the night with us, come to family functions, and even referred to my grandparents as Grandpa and Grandma.

As he got older he developed the funniest and cutest personality and had us in stitches most of the time from laughing to much! He also had one of the biggest and sweetest hearts ever! Even if he got in trouble and was in timeout when his punishment was over he would, most of the time without being told to, come up, say he was sorry, give you and hug and kiss, and tell you that he loves you.

He was one of the first people to great you as you came into the house and always had to have a hug, kiss, and to tell you he loved you before you could leave.

Before my wedding we were sitting on the couch watching an episode of "Kassi's Catch" (his name for Deadliest Catch) and I showed him a picture of me in my wedding dress after Echo had finished it that I had on my phone. He gasps a huge gasp, pull my phone closer, then looked at me with a huge smile and with the sweetness that only a child can have said "Kassi you are so beautiful!" It brought tears to my eyes and then he jumped off the couch, ran out to the fridge with the sodas and got a "Cucoo soda" (Coca-Cola) for me (yes he did this without me even asking or saying anything about a coke) and a "Halo Juice" (Mountain Dew) for Llama as he ran back to play Halo with him!"

We all knew that it was a possibility that they would move back to Wisconsin but honestly I didn't take it too seriously the older that Dylan got but sadly it became more than a possibility and yesterday my adoptive baby brother left with his family to start a new chapter in their lives back in Wisconsin.

Like I said in the beginning this is a very hard post to do and a ton of tears have been flowing full force! But of course I have to have some pictures of my Punk to share with you!









I miss you Punk and I hope you come back to visit soon and often!
 

No comments: