Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I'm Alive!!


Alright I know that I have been a MAJOR slacker on the whole blogging business, but I'm back with about ten hundred posts for you! Don't lie you know you're excited! But I thought at first that I would give you a small update on what has kept me away from my blogging family!


So first I had a hiccups with my hip that I'm pretty sure I touched on before, well on Friday the 13th I was at my house and Konner was with me and I got stung by a baby scorpion that I thought was an Arizona Bark Scorpion. A level 3 scorpion on a scale of 1 being nothing and 5 being deadly. This is pretty much the baddest of the scorpions in Arizona (honestly we most have only two types here the Yellow Tail, which is at a level 1, and the Arizona Bark) I've been stung by this type of scorpion before and thought nothing of it and elevated my foot with a cool compress to sooth the burn and sat down to watch Bones with Ducky. Well about ten minutes later I was having horrible reactions to the venom. My vision was crazy blurry, I couldn't feel a lot of my lower body, I was shaking, and I had the most nastiest taste in the back of my throat! So Konner called my dad who works right by where I live and was just getting off of work to come get us and take me to the ER. And I have to say Konner was so chilled and awesome about it all! He didn't even freak out! So anywho they gave me some meds, didn't draw labs, and sent me home. Well the next day things go so much worse and I had to go back into the ER and it was then I learned that I wasn't stung by an Arizona Bark scorpion but a crossbred that was probably bred here from a deadly scorpion from Brazil!

So you take this.........................


The Arizona Bark scorpion!

And breed it with this..........................


The scary and ugly looking scorpion from Brazil whose name I forgot!

And you get.............................


A hell of a lot of these! As well as a lot of meds, fluids, spinal taps, blood filtering, tons of labs, lots of scans, the loss of five pounds, and a blood tap!

But I'm on the mend now and venom free so all is fabulous once more! Oh and the best part about this story is my knight and shinning puppy, Socrates, came over when I got stung and said ouch and ate the thing! He was looking out for me and don't worry he is perfectly fine and it didn't effect him at all!

No comments: