Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blessings from the gallbladder!


A year ago today my body decided that it no longer needed a gallbladder so early on Sunday August 21, 2011 I was wheeled back into the OR and it's poor little very sick self was taken out. But it wasn't the huge decrease in pain and fevers that I enjoyed and remember the most it was the little message that the sweet Lord sent to me.

I went into the ER the night before around 10pm and since Ron had work I sent him back home so he could get it done and not be bored. Around 2am they decided I was going to have to have surgery and that I was going to be admitted to have surgery around 7am.

From the time he left Ron texted me the entire time until I was told that I was being taken to pre-op around 6am. I was told that I was going to get more warning of when they were going to take me so I could call my family and tell Ron. I was given a five minute warning in which I quickly texted Ron and called my parents. Since Ron was about twenty minutes away I figured he wouldn't be there before I went in which I was honestly heartbroken about.

This was Ron and mine four month anniversary and at this point in our relationship the topic of marriage was only a hypothetical one but I knew one thing for sure that I had never loved someone as much or as deeply or as passionately as I loved Ron. He was (and still is) my complete soul mate and that piece to my puzzle that I was missing and when I was with him I be happier.

I had also come to that point in our relationship where I asked myself where I saw us in the future. Could I see a long and happy future with Ron by my side? I didn't want to rush anything but I'm a girl so I'm suppose to be thinking things like that. Oddly enough the day before all of this happened I had majorly been thinking about it and the morning that I went into the hospital I prayed that the Lord would guide me and let me know if Ron was "the one", I also added in that the Lord didn't need to rush with an answer and I would be patience but I won't lie I got a nice warm and fuzzy feeling when I said amen.

When I was sitting in the pre-op signing paperwork and meeting the team that would be in the OR I was fully thinking of Ron and how I wanted to see him before I was wheeled back but I knew it wasn't going to happen. So when the phone rang and the nurse said my family was there I expected to see my parents and Konner but as the door opened I heard the familiar sound of Ron's boots and my heartbeat sped up! He came around the curtain and flashed his amazing smile and I was at complete peace. But it wasn't until Ron went to perform a blessing with my dad and he laid his hands on my head that I felt this amazing electric shock run through my body that me not really paying that much attention didn't realize what it was. When the blessing was done, the goodbyes and good lucks were said, and I was wheeled back I was at complete peace. When I got into the OR and they started to push the "twilight" med into my IV and I started drifting to sleep Ron was on my mind. Now I've had a surgery or two (or 38) and honestly I can only remember dreaming during them maybe three times, normally you are so sedated that you don't dream or remember it. But as the bright lights above me started to blend together and get bigger I remember everything and within minutes I say a cloudy scene of Ron and I in the Temple kneeling over the alter with our love ones around us as we were sealed for time and all eternity. Then the scene flashed and we were in the hospital with a new baby, then to a scene of us planning over build prints of our home, then to basketball games of our children, then to graduations and weddings of our family, and lastly to us old and laughing on the couch while watching a movie with the same fiery love in our eyes.

When I woke up it took a bit for the cloud of meds to clear enough for me to make sense of it all and it just so happened that, that cloud lifted shortly before Ron walked into my room to see me after surgery. As soon as he walked in and our eyes meant it became perfectly clear and I knew I had my answer! Ron was the one and when that thought went through my mind that warm and fuzzy feeling came back even more than before!

Of course I didn't tell him about this right away but when he left to go home and finally go to bed after being up over 24 hours I silently thanked the Lord for such a wonderful thing and for letting this amazing man come into my life!

So even with all the pain, fevers, and surgeries I will forever thank my gallbladder!




I thank it so much that in gallbladder heaven it gets to enjoy ice cream ALL DAY long!!

No comments: