Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O'Connor is a Blue Ribbon School!


So right before Thanksgiving Konner's school had a Blue Ribbon assembly.

I had no idea what it was but Konner was playing in it so I decided to go and see him play!


All smiles before playing.


And him playing away! The lady sitting next to him was the last principal at the school before the currant Mrs. Brainy (yes that is her last name!) took over.

Now you all may be wondering what the hey a Blue Ribbon Assembly is? Well O'Connor was awarded the Blue Ribbon award which is a HUGE national honor! The school was only one of five schools to get it in Arizona this year. The students and teachers both past and present must have high grades, standards, achievements, and work ethics. So it is pretty much a big deal!


Because this is such a big thing the past principals came and spoke! This was my Principal, Mrs. Hubbard (again that really is her last name!) She was there from the start of the school in 1986 and was there when I started in the fall of 1989 and "graduated" in the spring of 1998. Yes that sounds like such a long time ago! Her last year was my last year so sadly my siblings didn't get all or any of their elementary years with her awesomeness!

It was so awesome for them to get this award and I'm proud to say that I am and will always be an O'Connor Ocelot!

No comments: