Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fire in the Sky


In the evening of December 4th I did something completely crazy!!


Ever heard of this movie? Well as you can conclude from the picture it is an alien movie. And not like the ET alien movie! This is based on a true story of Travis Walton who lives in Snowflake, Arizona. But the abduction happened in Heber, Arizona

Now you may be asking me why this is crazy and why do I care. Well when my cousin MeKell and I were little we were up at my Grandma Hatch's house, which is in Taylor and about 4 seconds driving and 5 minutes walking away from Snowflake and only 45 minutes from Heber, one summer and she got this movie and we watched it. And it scared the holy crap, hell, and everything else out of me!! Needless to say I was beyond scared to go anywhere up North in the dark and I honestly hated being up there at nighttime for a long time too!

Anywho we have a family friend who owns and runs this most awesome comic shop on main street call Evermore, Nevermore! This is my plug for them with me saying if you are in the area it is a MUST see place! So they have workshops and contests and people that come there and talk and to our friend, who grew up in Heber, having Travis Walton come and talk there was like finding the Holy Grail!

My parents and siblings knew he was coming and I found out that day that he was and decided if I didn't have anything going on then I would tag along. Yes to tag along to see the man whose Hollywood version of his alien abduction left me sleepless at night and afraid of any bright lights! Yes I know you are all thinking how can you love X-Files and be fine watching other alien movies but this one me come closer to peeing myself then any other movie ever? All I'm going to say is I was young and had a very over active imagination!

So I went with my parents and brothers. Before he came out and started talking to us we got to watch this video of clips of the movie and interviews from the actors that played the characters, which I won't lie I was nervous about!


Then we got to listen to Travis tell us the story!


He talked about the area.


The other people there


The truck


The space ship


And much, much more!


Then we got to meet him and have him sign posters or his book!

And all I can say is..............


HOLLYWOOD YOU SUCK!!! They completely changed the story and made it ten times scarier and freakier and all that jazz! Not saying that this happening to him wasn't scary but he said it was really nothing like the movie! So now I may have to go and buy the movie and have watch it and laugh!

1 comment:

Ragen Laraway (& the guys too!) said...

That is my cousin's uncle. Crazy huh!? I don't know what that makes him to me.. that's one of those weird family things when you don't know how someone is related to you due to marriage or something or another. Anyways, hope it was cool! Freaks me out. But I love it.