Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pumpkin Carving!


One of my favorite things about Halloween is carving pumpkins!

I love everything about it from picking the pumpkin, pulling out it's guts, and carving a unique face or design.

Since it's just me right now that likes to carve (until Little Miss gets here!) I didn't do last year but this year at like 5 pm on Halloween I decided that not only did I want to carve a pumpkin but I wanted to roast the seeds!

Yeah talk about last minute I know!

My husband being the amazing and supportive man he is took me out after dinner to find a pumpkin!

Again since it was Halloween night we didn't have many options but I was still able to find a medium size pumpkin that I loved!


Isn't it cut!!

Now to cut it up and take out it's guts! Hehehehehe! It was Halloween so I was able to sound all scary, serial killer like without being scary, serial killer like!


Yay pumpkin guts!!!!


It was about 9:30 or 10 at night when I started carving my pumpkin so I decided to go with a simple and cute face for him!


Once the carving was done it was time to get to pumpkin seed roasting!

All the pumpkin guts all ready for me to clean them!


Once they were cleaned I boiled them for 10 minutes! This will help them brown up nicely when I roast them!


Then it was time for a pat down and dry off!


All the seeds in the pain coated with oil, salt, and garlic! Oh yeah all ready to go into the oven!


Finally after 30 minutes and me standing in front of the oven like a kid waiting for cookies to get done they were finally ready to come out and be eaten!

Honestly I should have let them roast another 5 minutes but they were SOOOO tasty and didn't even last 1/4 of the way through Hocus Pocus!

Now I need to find another HUGE pumpkin for more guts so I can make more delicious pumpkin seeds!

At least next year I know I'll have two pumpkins for me and Little Miss and maybe I can talk Daddy into doing one as well so we can have more seeds! Hehehehehe!

No comments: