Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year, Let's Set Some Goals!

First off the Truex Family would like to wish all of you a very................


We hope this year brings you love, joy, happiness, and fun!

Now it's time for my yearly goal recap and new year goal setting!

I normally set as many goals for how old I'm going to be that year but since that number keeps going up instead of going down I decided last year to do a much smaller number and I think I will continue with that tradition!

Here are the 10 goals I sat for last year and how I did on them in purple underneath!

1. Go to the Temple more.

I would love to tell you that I did amazing at this goal but that would be a lie. After having Rondalynn things got crazy and then I got pregnant again and I was told I couldn't sit long, stand long, or keep standing up and down and up and down especially after the issues this pregnancy has welcomed! But we did get to go to the Gilbert Temple open house in February and it was unbelievably beautiful!

2. Write in my journal more faithfully.

My blogs have really been my journal which is fine for the bigger family things or events but as for writing in a journal that didn't happen at all!

3. Find something daily to be thankful for.

I rocked this goal! Especially after having Rondalynn and then when crazy health things would go on and everything. I made sure each day, even if it was right before going to bed that I found at least one thing to be thankful for!

4. Work harder on getting my cupcake business out there.

Nope! I didn't even make any new cupcake designs this past year!

5. Graduate from school.

Again getting pregnant so soon after having Rondalynn put some things on hold and school was one of them!

6. Save more.

I did really good on this one and have become an ad matching queen!

7. Shed the baby weight (after Little Miss gets here of course!)

Hahaha! This one I did and didn't do! Before I got pregnant with the Little Bean I was actually a couple pounds lighter then I was when I got pregnant with Rondalynn so I did lose the baby weight, I just put it all back on with pregnancy number two by the time the New Year came around!

8. Take more pictures!

If taking even more pictures then I normally do was possible I did it! I honestly don't go a day without taking at least one picture! Of course 99% of the time it's of my favorite subject, Rondalynn, but I still have taken a lot more pictures this year then years before!

9. Be a good mother.

I feel like I have rocked this goal this year! My daughter is strong, healthy, happy, smart, and brings so much joy and happiness to everyone that I consider that a success! And she gets so excited when she see's me in the morning or if I ran an errand and she stayed with Daddy!

And

10. Again try to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time!

Hahahaha! In case you didn't know I got pregnant five months after giving birth to my daughter so chances that this was the year I finally marked this one off is pretty much 0%!

Even though I have goals I wish I was able to be better on this year I don't feel like it was a failure year in the goal department! Yes do I want to work better on those goals but at the end of the year looking back it was filled with so much love, happiness, and joy that I feel like I rocked all those goals!

Now on to the 10 goals for 2015!

1. Go to the Temple more.

2. Lose the baby weight (again after the baby gets here!)

3. You all may get a great laugh out of this one but NOT be in my second or third trimester of pregnancy by the end of the year! Hahahaha!

4. Eat, make, and serve healthier foods!

5. Attend more family events!

6. Save more money!

7. Always look at everything with the glass half full attitude!

8. Be better at going to all three hours of church!

9. Start and hopefully graduate from school!

10. And of course lastly and like always! Try to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time!

Another exciting year wrapped up and another exciting year getting ready to start!

I can't wait!

No comments: