Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2015

Ear Pretties!


A week or so ago we realized that one of Rondalynn's earrings was bent and missing on the stones in the petals. We decided that we would make a trip to the store in the next couple of days to get her a couple new pairs.

Well then everything happened with my thumb and pre term labor that has bought me this lovely stay in the hospital to finish baking the Little Bean until his debut day!

Well this morning Ron got Squeaky up, got her fed, and after getting her dressed he noticed that one of her earrings were missing. After looking everywhere he couldn't find it, called off the search, and declared it missing or long gone.

That evening he got done with work a little early and Rondalynn and him went to the store to pick her out some new ear pretties before coming up to the hospital to have dinner with me!

Now when we first talked about getting new earrings for her he was very adamant that I went with to make sure we got the right and safest earrings for a busy one year old. Plus as the mommy I will probably be better with picking out the cute earrings for her since that type of this is in my job description!

I had no idea they were going to be stopping there but I knew Ron was afraid that the holes from her piercings were going to close up because she had gone all day without the missing earring in her ear.

Not going to lie his concern was super sweet and heart warming.

So they get to the hospital to see me and he plops Squeaky on the bed with me and she hands me this little bag from Claire's as Ron says him and Rondalynn did some Daddy/Daughter earring shopping.

At this point I know a lot of people would be really nervous just thinking of their husbands buying earrings for their one year old daughters but I honestly wasn't worried at all. I figured he probably asked the lady working there what was the best and went with what she said.

So I pull out four different sets of earrings all made and marketed to the younger ear pierced population, all nickle free, all with baby safety backs, and all four adorable and completely what I would have picked if I would have been there.

I looked up to asked him about his trip and he was just proudly beaming, almost giddy with excitement. Before I could ask or say anything he said I picked all four of those out all by myself. Didn't even ask the lady for help, advice, or even where the baby/toddler earrings were.

I will admit I was highly impressed and told him so!

Here are the earrings he picked out for our Squeaky!
  

They are a little hard to see but from left to right.....

Silver giraffes

Multi colored stoned flowers (This one is just like the ones we got when we got her ears pierced just a little bigger)

Cupcakes! (He obviously knows the mother of his daughter very well! Hahaha!)

And lastly purple/blue butterflies!

I know it was just a small little thing to some people but to me it meant so much.

To me this meant that he loved and cared for his daughter, which of course I already knew that, but this was an I love and care for you enough that I will take you into a girly jewelry store, which is foreign territory to him, to get you pretties when your mommy can't.

It meant he wanted to make sure she always looks her best.

And lastly that if, Heaven forbid, something happened to me he would still raise our daughter the way we would raise her together with all the girly, sporty, tough, sassy, smart, beautiful, and sweet we want her to have.

Sorry pregnancy hormones are running high tonight so I probably read too much into this simple act but it honestly means the world to me that he did this and that he is such a great Daddy!

And as a last minute side note as I was changing Rondalynn and getting her in her pajamas before they left for the night I found the missing in action earring! It had got caught in her onesie by her diaper with the pointy side against the diaper so it didn't hurt or bother her to have it there all day!

So now I can once again have one of those "One of those mom" moments and save her first pair of earrings!

Hahahah! Yep I'm that type of mommy for sure!

No comments: