Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chain vs Ankles!


When we have Socrates outside he is hooked up to a 100 foot stainless steel chain that he tosses around like a ball of yarn as he runs and plays in the yard.

Well my fuzzy baby forgets that his ball of yarn is not so yarn like to us so we have to be extra careful and watch for it when we are outside with him. Normally this isn't a problem because he is very mindful of it as well.

So one morning I went out to pick some oranges off our tree and he trotted over to me as I did so just hanging out sitting all pretty next to me.

The next thing I know he is standing up, intently looking at something at another tree on the other side of the orange tree and before I knew it he had taken off behind me to chase after this obvious threat on my life!

Well neither of us realized how actually close he was to the back of my legs and so his lovely chain caught the back of both of my ankles since I was out there in my sandals.

As the chain rubbed fast and hard against the back of my ankles I thought quickly of what to do.

Because of how I was standing if I walked forward I would be at the slope of the tree bottom and fall into the tree. If I moved backwards and over the chain I would lose my balance and fall on my butt most likely.

So instead I stood there, took it like a man, and yelled at Socrates to stop and to come back.

It was then as he stopped, turned around, and came trotting back that I saw what he was chasing!

It was none other than....................................

**********************

********************

******************

a huge......................

****************

**************

************

Ferocious................. 

**********

********

******

Man eating.....................

****

**

*


Cottontail Rabbit!

I know my life was is serious danger and Socrates had to defend his humans, land, and honor!

Of course upon discovery of what the threat was I wasn't too happy and I must have had that "Was that really necessary?!?" on when he came over to me because he licked my ankles and was then very mindful of where him, myself, and the chain was as I finished picking my oranges.

I've been caught by his chain more than once so I figured it wouldn't look too bad until I got inside the house and my sandal was sticky


This was one of my ankles, not too bad just slightly rubbed raw.


And this was the other one, which was the worse and I couldn't get a picture of it but on the other side was a nice gash that bleed for a few minutes and caused the stickiness in my sandal.

Also in case you didn't know Peroxide on rubbed raw skin hurts in a way that makes you want to cuss like a sailor, just some food for thought!


This was my worse of the two ankles a few days later!

See the nice scab from my gash! And I have a big bruise on the other side of that ankle as well as well as a good size one on the other ankle

But nonetheless I still love my puppy and maybe that rabbit did have evil intentions and he was just protecting us!

So I guess thanks Socrates for the protection and battered ankles!

No comments: