Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Goal Recap and Goals for 2014!


Yep it's January 1st which means it's time to recap the goals of 2013 and set the new ones for 2014!

Below are all 28 of the goals I made at the beginning of 2013 and how I fared with them in purple text below each one!

Enjoy!

1. Try to go to the Temple once a month or more once the Gilbert Temple opens!

Well I would love to say that I did better at this but that would be a lie plus the Gilbert Temple isn't opened yet so that put a tiny damper on my go more often plans! I tried to go more at the beginning of the year but got sick, then got pregnant, and then pregnancy made it that I could sit longer than an hour or so without having to get up and move (or go to the bathroom) so it made going a little harder to do.

2. Go with Ron to the Snowflake and Gila Valley Temple.

Nope didn't do it again because traveling while pregnant was not easy on me!

3. Finish my HUGE Deadliest Catch quilt that I started before Captain Phil died, so end of 2008!

I may not have finished this quilt but I got the squares and strips of eight other quilts done to make the "tops" of the quilts so now all nine are ready to be put on a frame and tied off!

4. Try once again to conquer my fear of fondant!

I took it on and I think for a beginner have rocked it so far!

5. Once I get caught up on my posts be no more than a week behind with my blogging!

Up until this last couple weeks of December I rocked this one!

6. Organize the room we have dubbed "Bermuda Triangle" and get stuff out in the shed.

Hahahahaha! Moving on!

7. Try to go to bed most nights at a decent hour.

Thanks to pregnancy I managed to do this one very well!

8. Stay healthy and out of the doctor or hospital!

Hahahahahaha! I really crack myself up with some of these!

9. Finally get the rest of my framed wedding photos up on the wall!

Yep!

10. Become "with child" by the end of the year at the latest!

Not only did I become with child but if Little Miss hasn't made her debut already she will very, very soon be making it!

11. Pay off my credit cards!

Got two paid off!

12. Not only go to church more but attend the whole block!

We did great going to Sacrament but not so great on going to the whole block.

13. Get a hot honey for Socrates! (Come on puppies need love too!)

Nope, poor Socrates

14. Go camping at least once!

Nope but I was hoping to do this one!

15. Even on my lazy, no work, or errands to be ran days try to get dressed in something other than pajamas at least most of the time!

Again I got pregnant and that attire became the norm for not leaving the house days!

16. Have my nails painted and lovely at least 75% of the time!

Maybe not 75% of the time but at least 50%

17. Get A's in all my classes.

Yep!

18. Make more cupcake designs (with or without fondant!)

This summer I had a cupcake day and made at least ten different designs! It was awesome!

19. Get a new pair of sandals and another pair of jeans!

Sandals yes, jeans no!

20. Go out with friends more.

Yeah I royally failed at this one!

21. Drink more water.

Once again thank you pregnancy for helping me achieve this goal!

22. Visit some of the little and less known sights that are close by.

Nope didn't venture much out of the metro area!

23. Plant a veggie and herb garden!

Sadly no

24. Write in my journal at least four days out of the week.

Nope but I'm starting up again on this!

25. Try to get used to the more spicy foods that my husband loves!

Yeah spicy foods when pregnant, at least for me, doesn't mix!

26. Do more reading!

Yep!

27. Eat healthier food.

Yep, at least most of the time!

28. And once again try to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time!

Once again another Grand Canyonless year for me!


Now on to the goals that I have for 2014. I was going to do 29 since I will be 29 this year but I think I will stick to a smaller number!


1. Go to the Temple more.

2. Write in my journal more faithfully.

3. Find something daily to be thankful for.

4. Work harder on getting my cupcake business out there.

5. Graduate from school.

6. Save more.

7. Shed the baby weight (after Little Miss gets here of course!)

8. Take more pictures!

9. Be a good mother.

And

10. Again try to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time!

So let's see how I do over the next 365 days to achieve all or most of these goals!

No comments: