Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, March 29, 2013

And a Pinch of Sugar!


Okay I take full blame on this habit that my dog has picked up!

I love berries!

All berries!

But my absolute favorite berry is the blackberry!

They are plump, juice, can be tart, can be sweet, and of course who could hate a berry that is either a dark purple or black! It's like this berry was made just for me! Or at least I think it was!

The one and only slight drawback to my heavenly berry is some can be beyond super tart and I'm not a big fan of that. To help counteract this blackberry trait I put a teaspoon or two in the bowl with them and shake them a bit so the tart ones can be both tart and sweet.

Well one day I made the mistake of tossing a sugar coated blackberries to Socrates who pretty much thought they were the greatest thing on earth and quickly become hooked to them. But if they are not coated with sugar he won't eat them! I know just what my hyperactive dog needs, more sugar!

He must have a blackberry sense like Spiderman has a spidey sense when we have them because he will come inside and sit by the fridge or paw the fridge in hopes I will rush over, obey his wishes, and make him a nice sugary bowl of blackberries!

He has gotten so addicted that he has learn, very quickly if I may add, the word blackberry. So Ron and I have to call them "Sugarberries"

So one day Socrates was inside and I decided to make a bowl of blackberries. Now the day before, while baking, I had just opened a new five pound bag of sugar to go into our sugar container but since the container doesn't hold all five pounds the back still have about a pound left in it.

Not wanting it to get spilled, go bad, or anything like that I was using the sugar left in the bag first and instead of using a spoon and closed most of the opening of the bag so I could just pour a little into the bowl. All the while Socrates was sitting there looking at me as I did this and wagging his tail in excitement.

Apparently he either didn't like how long it was taking or thought I wasn't using enough sugar because quicker then anything he stood, put his nose under my elbow, and with a good size love tap made this happen!


Yes that would be some blackberries with my bowl of sugar!

I honestly couldn't help but laugh a bit and moved the berries to a plate so I could put the sugar in a container with a lid to use for next time.

In case you are wondering that is 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar!

No comments: