Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dad's Graduation!


So last weekend was super busy so be ready for a lot of posts! And let me tell you a head of time that their will be a lot of pictures because we borrowed our neighbor's super awesome camera and I fell in love with it!

On Friday May 14, 2010 it finally happened! My dad graduated from ASU with a bachelors in Engineering and Engineering Management!


Here is Grandma Linda, Alonna, Karli, Llama, and Grandma Shirley waiting for the ceremony to start.


Ducky and me waiting as well. My mom was the one taking the picture!


After about a hour of waiting, we had to get there early to get our kickin' seats, the little band came out to start playing some music to keep us from going crazy!


Finally it was time to start! The graduates walked in and I have to say when I saw my dad walking across the stage in his ASU cap and gown and beaming ear from ear I totally got all choked up and had to fight really hard to keep from crying! Then this guy, who I don't remember his name but is kinda like the Masters of ceremonies came in and gave his little talk and we got things under way. To start off he asked the students questions and had them stand up if the question applied to them. The questions were things like: "Who went to school while holding a full time job?" "Who did service to their community while going to school?" "Who went to school while supporting, taking care of, and raising a family?" "Who is a first generation graduate?" I am proud to say that for every question that was asked my dad stood up for every single one!


Here is the Dean of the Polytech ASU campus. He was pretty funny and seem pretty laid back as a Dean.


After all the talks, awards, and master graduates it was time to get on with the bachelors! That is my dad walking up there for his turn and in true Lonnie form he has his sunglasses hanging off his gown!


Here he is waiting oh so patiently for his name to be called!


Dad shaking hands with one of his teachers who is also the head of the engineer department.


Sorry this was so blurry but he was moving and I was still getting used to the awesome camera! Here he is shaking hands with the Dean.


Finally getting his diploma! That guy he is shaking hands with was one of his favorite teachers and my dad and I both found it funny that he is younger then my dad!


Heading back to his seat completely thrilled with his diploma!


Once the ceremony was over we went and met him outside and he is the candid one I took when I first saw him. I thought it was cute so I had to post it!


Dad being his cute, goofy self!


Then a happy normal picture!


A group shot!


Ma and Pa!


Dad and his mommy!


Dad and his mommy and mommy-in-law!


Dad and his mommy and his sister Alonna!


Dad and his boys!


Dad and his girls A.K.A his editors!


A family picture!


And in true Larson Clan form we had to do a funny picture! I love this picture!


As we were leaving this is how my parents were walking away and I had to take a picture because it was way to cute!


So cute even that I made them look over their shoulders and smile at me!

It was a great morning and a wonderful ceremony! I'm so proud of my dad and how hard he worked to achieve his goal! He has set wonderful examples for all of his children!

No comments: