Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Petrified Forest


While I was on my little vacation I decided to play tourist all by myself for a day and go to the Petrified Forest since I hadn't been there since junior high or early high school. And since it is about 15 minutes from Holbrook! But forgive me because once again I got very camera happy!


Here is one of the dinosaur fossil that was found here. This isn't the real set of bones but is a replica of the real thing to go on display here. The real one is in California being studied.


And here are two more replica dinosaur fossils


Some petrified wood


A fallen petrified tree


This is a petrified tree that has fallen and made a little bridge. In the early 1900's when it was found they reinforced it with the cement structure that was under it. Now if something like this was found they wouldn't put anything up to help save it or reinforce it but let nature take it's course.


These are called the Teepees

These next couple of pictures are from Newspaper Rock, which is the countries biggest area of ancient drawings or wall artwork






These next few pictures are from my favorite part of the whole park. This is the Jasper Forest and it was so beautiful there










These next ones are of a site with some ruins





Also at the site with the ruins was more rock drawing and these ones are really cool!


A cool little design


A man being eaten by a bird


And cute little animals!


Some of the Painted Desert


And more of the Painted Desert!



It was a perfect day to go! It was in the low 80's and over cast and it even rained a little at the very end of the day. Sorry for all the rock and nature pictures! I guess I'm a bit too much like my great grandma in that aspect. But what I am so proud about is I walked every trail that was there which is a totally of about 4 and a 1/2 miles! And the next day I still felt great and just had a little soreness like you get after working out.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Wow! Girlie you really did take a slew and a half of pictures. I am glad you enjoyed it! We sure love having you.