Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was Gavin's funeral and it was very moving. Some of the nurses from work, Carol the GI PA, and I went. The family looked wonderful even though their loss is so great. It gave me great comfort to know that Gavin is up there with our Father in Heaven and that he was born into the covenant and that he is sitting up there dazzling everyone with his smile and waiting to be reunited with his family that is still here. And to know that he is perfect and not in anymore pain. I cried a lot because even thinking all that it is still sad and even though I know the plan of salvation crying about a loss helps to deal with it better.

I'm so thankful I got to know Gavin the little bit he was here and that he could touch so many by his story or just seeing him. I thank the Lord for this and that is why I do what I do so I can touch families lives but honestly it is them that end up touching and moving me and making me a better person. And all I can say is thank you for that.

I will never forget him or his story and again I thank his family for sharing their little guy with us!

1 comment:

Janda said...

Kassi I read this families blog a while ago when you first told me about this little guy. I want you to know that after reading his story I became an offical organ donor. I can not imagine what this family must be going through right now, I think it is a mothers worst night mare to lose a child.. I will keep you and this sweet family in my prayers. Love ya! Janda