Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Okay, okay I'm hooked!!

So earlier this week I got my Twilight book back from my Aunt Cary who I let borrow when her and I went to New York earlier this year. I sat it by my bed and thought I will get to it sooner or later and thought about letting my mom have it to read so she could pick up when she left off in February when I loaned it out. Yesterday I was getting ready for work and decided that I had to take something to do in my down time since the last day I worked I had nothing to do. I was going to take my blanket that I am so close to finishing but then I remembered that it wasn't a baby blanket so it was a lot larger and would be a lot harder to work on at the desk then a baby blanket would. I saw the book sitting there and thought why not. I may not even get a chance to start it today but at least I would have something
I get to work and start the day and since it is a Saturday it means doctors won't be in until a little bit later then normal. So by eight o'clock I had done all the things I normally do to start out the day and had already had an admit and was done with that. Also all the nurses and aids that I could chatter with were doing vitals or assessments so I was alone at the desk. So I pulled the booked out of my bag and open it thinking I would get busy and have to put it aside before the first chapter was over and before I could get into the book.

Boy was I wrong. I didn't get busy until closer to ten so I was able to read two chapters in between small little interruptions like call lights and the phone ringing. So I was already getting into the book. As I got busy and had to put it aside on my desk it sat there quietly waiting and in a way calling me to read more. So throughout the day I read when it wasn't busy and the more I read the more I didn't want to stop. I was able to read six chapters which is unheard of for a day shift not up in overflow.
I got home and ate and tried to watch some tv with my dad but all I could think about was reading more. So I happily pulled the book out when my parents went to Wal-Mart and that was all she wrote. Soon after they got home I escaped back to my room got in my pajamas and laid in bed reading. I only stopped at ten to have family prayer and then I didn't look at the clock until my eyes were burning with tiredness looming on my eyelids. I thought it had to be midnight at the latest. Oh no it was three in the morning! I quickly looked up at what chapter I was a page away from getting to and realized I only had five chapters left. I looked around and noticed my sister asleep curled up next to me on the bed and wondered when I missed her coming in and then noticed that the house was completely dark and quite except for my bed side light and me debating quietly in my head if I should stay up and finish the last five chapters of the book. I decided that I was going to until as I read the last page of the chapter I was on the words started to blur. So I sadly finished the chapter, turned off the light, and went to bed.

I was up at almost nine o'clock after not being able to sleep well because I was excited like a little child at Christmas and began reading again until my stomach growled angrily at me and my lack of feeding it. So I took a break to eat and then that was it and I sat there and read the pages, each one making me turn it at the end with eager for what was going to happen next. It was amazing to say the least. When I finished I sat it down without reading the first chapter of New Moon knowing it would drive me insane not to be able to read what is next!
So here I sit debating if I should go out and get it on a Sunday, I mean I did already skip church because of my lack of sleep! No matter what I will have it before I go to work tomorrow (if they call me in of course!) So sadly I admit that I am hook and I will have to see the movie at midnight on November 21st and I can't wait to read the next ones!!!


No comments: