Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sunflower cupcakes!!

My mom bought me this new book on decorating cupcakes because I love cupcakes!!! So I decided that I would go ahead and try one of the things in the book and take it to work tomorrow to see what my coworkers think of them. I picked out a design that wasn't going to be hard or very time consuming.
First you make your favorite type of cupcakes (mine happen to be confetti!!)




Then you take half a thing of frosting of your choice and dye it green to look like grass like so.


Then place an Oreo cookie in the middle. You can do two cookies on each cupcake if you like but I figured I would start slow.

With the other half of the frosting dye it sunflower yellow and with a piping bag with a leaf tip or a zip lock baggie filled with frosting and a leaf tip cut at the end start making leafs in the middle of the cookie and go all the way around it.

Then do the same around the top of the cookie and this is what it will look like when you are done!!

Here is a picture of all 18 sunflower cupcakes that I made today and it only took me a hour from the start of cupcake mixing to the final product!!

And just a close up of some of them! Aren't they just the cutest!!

1 comment:

Janda said...

Those are so pretty Kassi!! I am going to have to use that idea for one of my girls birthdays.