Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Iron Chef!


Last week my sister and her best friend Emma thought it would be fun to do Iron Chef! So I picked out a secret ingredient, which was the pear, and they each had to make a starter, main dish, and dessert each with pear in it! We didn't have dinner this night because they were going to feed us all this food but they didn't start until after 6pm and so we didn't get our first dish until almost 7pm!


Hard at work!


Smile for a picture break!


Karli


Emma

The Starters!


Emma's pear fries!

She sliced the pears somewhat thin and sauteed them with salt and pepper. They were really good but I thought they had too much pepper. But it was a nice and different twist.

Karli's was pear, turkey, and blue cheese quesdilla!

Yes I know there is no picture. I got excited because I was starving and forgot to take one. But for this she diced the pear and turkey and added blue cheese to a tortilla and grilled it with a little bit of butter. I'm not a big turkey fan but it was really good and I think would have really good with someother meat or just pear and cheese


Main Dish!


Emma's bacon and pear slider!

For me anything with bacon is a thing of beauty and this was no exception! For this she baked bacon and made a red onion and pear relish to go on her toasted bun. I don't like rare onion at all so I removed my relish but I did try a bite of it first and I didn't hold my dislike for the onion against her.


Karli's pear, ham, and Brie cheese panni!

For this Karli spread djion mustard on sourdough bread and then added brie cheese, ham, and thin pear sliced then grilled it. The brie cheese was a bit weird on it and I think another cheese may be a bit better with it but over all it was really good!


Dessert!


Emma's baked pear with strawberry, cranberry, almond relish!

For this tasty treat Emma baked a pear and made a fruit and alond relish to go with it! The relish complimented the pear wonderfully and the pear was cooked just right! It was very, very tasty!


Karli's Coconut, chocolate, marshmallow baked pear!

For this sweet treat Karli carved a little out of the middle of the pear and filled it with marshmallows and coconut before baking it, then she added chocolate at the end. It was vry tasty and the flavors worked very well together. The only draw back was she didn't cook the pear long enough and she needed more marshmallow, but overall very good!

The girls did a fabulous job and each had dishes that my mom wants to make for dinner sometime!

But the winner of this battle was..........................

**************

************

**********

*********

********

******

****

**

*

KARLI!!

1 comment:

Tarin Rose said...

This is a fun idea! I might have to try something like this sometime!