Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2014

One Year Ago!

One year ago today I went into the outpatient center at John C. Lincoln to have a small procedure done.

Like normal they had me pee in a cup and took my blood to test them for many different things, one of which was pregnancy.

Now in the medical world tests, minus cultures, on urine come back a lot faster than blood results. So when they tested my urine for the HCG hormone it came out negative.

Because of this they started to get me set up for my procedure and I was joking with the nurse and doctor and honestly we were having a good time, when another nurse came in and called both of them out of the room.

I thought nothing of it and figured it was for another patient so I sat there waiting, playing on my phone, and wishing they would get back so I could start the procedure and take a little nap during it!

Soon the nurse and the doctor walked back in and instantly I could tell that what the other nurse had pulled them out for was something that concerned me.

My stomach dropped, my heart rate picked up as my heart jumped to my through, every ounce of air was sucked out of me, and I'm sure all the color in my face washed away as they pulled a chair up to each side of the bed and sat down.

Horrible thoughts were running through my mind at this point and I'm not joking when I say I was sure they were going to tell me I was dying and not only was I dying but I had weeks, days, or hours left to live!

Yes I know this sounds very dramatic!

Then they both looked up at me and gave me a smile which made me think how can you be smiling when you have come in here to tell me the horrible news of dying!!

Then the doctor said "Kassi we found something on your blood work."

My mind continued to race and fill up with even more horrible things! I was not only dying but dying from Small Pox, Polio, The Black Plague, etc, etc.

Then she smiled even bigger and said your HCG levels are very high......."

Even though in the back of my head my medical knowledge knew exactly what that meant and it even started to excitingly jump up and down but the rest of my brain was like "Oh no! That sounds even more horrible then I was thinking!"

The nurse must have seen the look on my face that probably was a puzzled yet I understand look so she happily exclaimed "Kassi you're pregnant!!

This is when the rest of the brain joined the party in the back of the brain but I still asked "What?" and after the nurse and the doctor repeating it twice I believed them!

The doctor then told me that I'm very early in my pregnancy, so early that it was only showing up in my blood and hadn't made it to my urine which meant I was about three weeks along!

I was filled with pure joy, excitement, and fear of losing another baby.

Ron was in a meeting all day but I was so shocked that I had to tell him right away, which I wish I would have waited until I got home and told him in a much cuter way! So I sent him a test that said "They found something in my labs....."

Within minutes he had text me back saying "You're pregnant huh?"

I excitedly sent him a text back that said "Yes!" and on his next break he called me and we were able to talk about it more. We were very excited but still cautious about it as well.

Luckily the procedure would be safe to do but had to be done much slower so I was going to have to be admitted overnight for it.

That night I prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for this wonderful blessing, honor, and treasure. And even though I wanted to plead and beg that everything would go wonderful and in a about eight months my arms would be full with a beautiful baby I knew everything happens for a reason and if this is the right time then everything will be fine. So I asked that his will be done and whatever that will is to help me and Ron handle whatever may come.


When I finished my prayer I got online just to figure out about when I would be due which I found was between January 23rd - January 27th.


I closed my eyes and picture me in January after Christmas holding Ron and my baby in my arms for the first time and all the joy and blessing this little spirit would bring.

As soon as this scene filled my head I was filled with the most amazing, calming, and reassuring feeling that everything would be okay.

Not only did I feel this feeling and completely know it was true I also got the 100% feeling that this baby would be a little girl.

A couple weeks later I decided to take a home pregnancy test after my cycle was about a week late.


This is what I got and it was a wonderful feeling to see both of those lines and it made me even more excited!


Those first couple weeks turned into months and more and more pregnancy milestones like all the fun ultrasounds and finding out that we would be having a girl and my feeling was right from the start!


Then when I was 37 weeks and 6 days on January 9, 2014 at 10:01 am this 5 lb 15 oz 18 inches long beautiful baby girl came into the world and blessed Ron and I with the title of mom and dad!


It's been a little over four months since that wonderful day and this is that beautiful baby girl today!

It was a wonderful year that was filled with so much! I loved watching my tummy grow and seeing and feeling Rondalynn get bigger and active inside her temporary womb. And even on my days I still loved being pregnant!

She has blessed, strengthen, and filled my life with so much but mostly with a love I knew new existed and with more love than I thought I could ever hold!

No comments: