Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day!


Today is Mother's Day!

For me it's my very first Mother's Day, which means so much too me!

Last year Mother's Day was very hard for me. But I silently smiled and enjoyed the day with the mothers around me.

Last year I was pregnant on Mother's Day without knowing it yet and because I didn't know I think that's why it was a little harder for me last year.

Not many people know but before we got pregnant with Rondalynn we had six losses the last one was two months before we got pregnant with Rondalynn. So when Mother's Day came around last year I was happy for the mothers around me but the was sad that another Mother's Day had come along and I didn't have a baby in my arms or knowingly had one on the way.

I was sad for myself and my empty arms and that sorrow was even worse on that. I watch on Facebook, blogs, texts, e-mails, and tv as mothers were celebrated and I longed to be one of them.

Yes I was having an inner mini pity party for myself!

That night I plead in my heart with our Father in Heaven that next year my arms wouldn't be empty and I would get to rejoice and celebrate with fellow mothers on this wonderful holiday!

Instantly I was filled with a warm and overflowing love and peace and the reassurance that next year my arms wouldn't be empty.


That feeling was an amazing lifeline for me and over the next week until I found out I was pregnant when that longing for motherhood would hit I would recall that love, peace, and feeling and once again I would feel reassured that all would be fine and work out.

The next week on May 16th when labs were taken for a procedure I was having done it was found that I was pregnant!

The moment the doctor told me I was thrilled and was filled with the assurance that this baby would be what my arms would be filled with next year on Mother's Day.

Ron and I held our breathe through those early weeks but as each weeks passed and we got the clean bill of health with out pregnancy we would breathe just a little bit.

And now one year later my arms, soul, and heart are more than full and overjoyed with the love for my baby girl!

So I want to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day!

For those of you waiting with empty arms, don't lose hope or faith because the Lord will bless you when the timing is right and your cup will run over.


No comments: