Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2012

Tears of a Leader.


As many of you know I very, very rarely post twice in one day, but I couldn't help the unbelievable feeling that I needed to post this.

The tragic events of the elementary school shooting last week once again has rocked our society, taken the lives of some precious and beautiful spirits that brought joy not only to those who loved them but they brought a little bit of joy to the world just like I feel every good person does, and stole the innocent of many most far to early.

When events like this happen it breaks my heart and makes me worry about the world my future children will one day live in. But because of the field I work in I see many things that break my heart and can shake your foundation such as these events do. I have learned to try to tone down my emotions and deal with it objectively at very first and then take down that emotional wall and mourn. It is the way that I have learned since working in this field and it is actually rewarding and allows me to take it all in, from all angles, and helps me grow and love even more.

When doing this I try to keep away from Youtube, Social Media, or anything else other then the nightly news for about a week so I feel that I can get the entire views and feelings about it. But today I broke down and watched just one video and I was deeply, deeply moved. So moved that I felt I needed to post it.

Now I won't lie, I did not vote for him, and honestly I'm not his biggest fan. Nevertheless he is the leader of our country and deserves at least a little respect. But this video gave me a little more respect for him and moved me deeply. It doesn't make me jump on his bandwagon and support those things I don't have the same views on but I have a better respect for him as a man, husband, and father after watching this. I strongly feel that just because you are the leader of a nation doesn't mean that you can't show that you are also a human, who hurts and cries over the same things that we all do and I thank him for his emotions during this and letting us know that he too is grieving and just like we all did that night last week hugged his babies a little closer and tighter.

No comments: