Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, December 28, 2012

Disney Souvenirs!


Of course you can't go to Disneyland without coming home with at least a few souvenirs so as my final Utah/Disneyland vacation posts you get to see the couple of fun and cute things that we got!


Most of you know that I love the Disney pins. Before we weren't allowed to wear our badges on our lanyards at work I wore a black with blue and purple flames Disney villain lanyard that I filled with twenty, yes twenty, Disney pins. A random but funny side note about my lanyard is it with all twenty pins, my badge, locker key, tape, medical scissors, and communication Vocera (kinda a walkie talkie that's big in the medical world) comes in at 5lbs and 3oz! Yep I was carrying a 35 to 37 week or so newborn around my neck and it never bother me! Seventeen of the twenty were different Disney villains, because I completely love Disney villains, two Disney 50th Anniversary pins, and a Winnie the Pooh pin given to me by a beloved patient and her family about a month before she passed away. Anywho when I say these baby Disney character pin, especially the Donald one I knew I wanted it in hopes to add it to my lanyard and be able to wear it at work again! But you have to admit that Donald is super cute and perfect for the Donald and Daisy Duck fans that Ron and I are!

And NO, just because we got a set of baby Disney character pins is not hinting at me being with child!


I'M VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH
 NOT WITH CHILD!


These are all containers that held some super tasty snacks in! Lightening McQueen and Ghost Mickey Mouse popcorn buckets (that looks like you are eating their brains when you eat the popcorn from it, which sounds horrible but it's a little funny and all in good fun) and the awesome R2D2 treat or drink mug!


I must have a secret inner English lady inside me because I have for over half of my life had a complete love for tea! When we were in London I had two or three cups at breakfast each day, one or two at lunch each day, two or three at dinner, and then since out room had complimentary tea, sugar, and cream and a little and cute electric teapot in our room as well as two mugs and two super cute baby tea spoons! Because of all of this it was a given that we had to get the Mad Hatter tea!


And duh! You can't have Mad Hatter tea without the proper tea party hats! A little background of the hats for you! We saw a ton of the little Mad Hatter hats in all sorts of designs and styles being sported by many people in Disneyland. I loved the little Mad Hatter hats but I wanted to get a hat that wasn't also on every other females head in the park. Ron also wanted a Mad Hatter hat but the amazing and highly detailed one we were seeing everyone had a tacky and ugly orange wig sewed into the inside that we didn't want to risk trying to take the wig out without a seam riper or another proper tool and end up ruining it and all the other ones we would occasionally see we would ask and find out that they were only stocked for about a year three, two, or one year ago (including this awesome Jack Skeleton one that Ron would have gotten it in a snap if they had it and I would have got the Jack Skeleton mini Mad Hatter hat to match. Another side note is when we were talking to Jack Skeleton our last day there he was not happy that they got rid of the big ones and only had the little ones.)

Okay sorry I got side tracked again, anyway by the end of our full first day there we figured we wouldn't find Mad Hatter hats that we like and would have to settle for a different hat. Ron was going to get the Mickey Mouse Sorcerer hat from Fantasia and I was going to get either get an original Mickey Mouse hat since I've never had one or the Yoda Mickey Mouse hat. As we were walking through California Adventure toward Paradise Pier to watch the Magical World of Color show we passed a gift shop and I thought I saw a big and different Mad Hatter hat. I told Ron and he decided to check it out. Sadly the one that caught my eye was the same one with the orange wig just with something on top of it, which bummed us out a bit. Then I walked to the back side of the display that had the hat I noticed and sitting all lonely was this lone, completely awesome somewhat cartoon like with a classic, fun, and big statement playing card Mad Hatter hat! It's made completely out of silk or a silk like material has a navy blue rim and top of the hat, has a thick checker board borders around the base, solid white from the checker border up and large black and red playing card suite shapes of spades, clubs, diamonds, and hearts that are cracked down the middle. I showed it to Ron and he really liked it and all three of us concluded that we had yet to see anyone, no joke no one, in that same hat. So Ron picked it up and I went looking a Mad Hatter hat that I like and didn't see too many people in it. Just across from where Ron got his hat was three or four shelves of the mini Mad Hatter hats and as I was looking at them most of them were very popular and I had seen a lot of people sporting them. I figured I would have to pick out one of those ones and get over my want for a less popular one. Then on the bottom shelf I saw one that I completely fell in love with! It's formal/elegant design based on the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. It has three mini versions of her scepters with jewels on top in clear, pink, and red in the shapes of a diamond, club, and of course a heart. It also has a beautiful orange/pinkish color overlaying it's solid sage green silk or silk like material that is the base cover fabric for the entire hat and has a pink longer piece of tulle around the base that ties in a bow in the back that has long tails which go to about the shoulders. Since it's a small hat it's had a hard body under the fabric and a elastic string to keep it on. Again the three of us decided that we hadn't seen this hat on anyone as well. So we happily got them and wore them each day we were there after that and they added the best touch to my favorite attraction photo from our trip, our third and last for this trip turn on the Hollywood Tower of Terror!

Hahaha! Wow sorry again for the long story about our Mad Hatter hats!


This is the Dumbo and Timothy we won while playing one of the games at Paradise Pier. It was slow at that booth so it was just Ron and I playing against each other but it was still fun and I'm happy to say it was the only game I did better that Ron at during our trip! I won two of our three games and Ron won the other one! Since Ron is so amazing he was a very good sport that I won more of the games then he did (which honestly one game more isn't that much better! Hahaha!) We technically won three games because the lady there told us if we won two Timothy plushies we could trade them for a Dumbo because it was just us playing and she said he day had been very slow. So of course we jumped on that offer then played one more game to get another Timothy since you can't have Dumbo without his wing man (Hehehe, sorry I couldn't help it!) by his side!


And lastly one of my most favorites and one of the most awesome things we got from Disneyland! Another perk of Disney buying out the Star Wars franchise is now they can sell and make so many cool Star Wars things like this! Donald Duck being Darth Maul like a boss! 

No comments: