Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nine Months!


Hopefully in your holiday hustle and bustle you saw that today was the 29th which means.....................

It's been nine months since Ron and I have become Mr. & Mrs.!


So here is our monthly recap!

*We spent two and a half days in beautiful Utah going to the Manti and Salt Lake Temples followed by five days in California being kids again at the "Happiest Place on Earth", Disneyland! (Don't worry those posts will be up shortly with about a million pictures to share!)

*We got a new addition to each side of the family! Ron's cousins Matt and Piper had little Miss cutie pie Kimber Joy on October 24th (Sorry I know this happened before our eight month recap but I somehow missed putting it in!) And my cousins MeKell and Deke had Mr. handsome man Hudson Crew on November 3rd!

*Ron is still loving his job and enjoying a little slower pace his line of work can get during the holidays!

*I'm loving and enjoying school! Gotta love you some learning!

*We got this really awesome Plasma 3D Smart TV for the living room that has been a blast! Now if I can only get the NBA, NFL, and NHL(where the strike is over) to start televising the games with 3D capabilities my life would be pretty close to complete!

*Ron scored huge on Black Friday! (A post more about that later as well!)

*My mother in law Echo had gallbladder surgery shortly after our vacation so I got to do what I love and do best, which is play nurse! And also try my hardest to keep such a strong willed and independent women from over doing it, trying to be Wonder Women, and doing things she shouldn't be doing! Luckily I did this dance myself last year so I knew from 100% personal experience what to do and not to do! A update on this, Echo is fine and doing wonderful and can go back to work on Monday!

*We were honored to have two wonderful sister missionaries in our home for dinner one Saturday night. Since Ron was just getting over a cold we weren't able to treat them to his amazing BBQ but I made a pretty tasty roast, veggies, and rolls and then topped the meal off with some yummy cake and a beautiful message of scripture reading and the blessings, comfort, and guidance it can bring into our lives! I love having the missionaries in our home and I hope to be able to enjoy the pleasure of their company for dinner again very soon!

*My Grandpa Ken gave us a nice scare with a mild heart attack in the middle of the month that earned him a ticket to the ICU for a few days. I know his heart isn't as good as it once was and that his cancer, while responding well to treatment is still there and these are things that happen with age even to the hard, strong, and tough cowboy that he is, but I hate to see and know when he is sick or in pain. All of this as well as everything up to this has made me appreciate not just him but both sets of my grandparents and thank our loving Heavenly Father every single day (sometimes more than once in a day) that I was lucky enough to have two wonderful and loving sets of grandparents for the almost 28 years of my life so far. I hope and pray that they all have at least five or more years that I can spend with them here and that they will one day get to be here to hold, love, and teach my babies and I treasure every single moment and memory I have and will have with every single one of them!

*Got to plan and have a Cars Movie theme slumber party with my niece and nephew which was a blast! (You know I have a post for this as well!)

*Had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with tons of food, laughs, and people we love!

*Socrates and Isis are starting to get along better because I think they both realized they are both here to stay and if they played together nicely they can both be in the house or out of the bathroom longer. But they are like any sibling and still can fight like cats and dogs, (Hahaha! Sorry that was too perfect not to throw in there!) and while playing one day Socrates got Isis's tale and she turned and started at him ending up with two parents quickly running to jump in to separate and hold off the respected animal in their weight class, which of course was Ron for Socrates and me for Isis. Luckily we were quick and by the time we got there they had already separated and was giving each other space, but both my babies got a little beat up. Socrates had three good scratches on his nose and snout and Isis had some fur missing and a tiny break in her tale (which the vet says is small, won't cause her any or very little pain and won't effect her balance while she heals) But like all siblings they made up and have been angels to each other since then!

*And lastly we are getting all squared away for the holidays and remembering what the season is really about!

Honestly I was shocked to be writing this post today and thinking "Really?!? Nine months already! Wow!" Hopefully the next three to fill our first year out will be just as wonderful, spiritual, and full of growth and love as these first nine have been!

No comments: