Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, November 9, 2012

Book Signing!


On October 11th I was able to go to the book signing and meet one of my most favorite authors Lois Lowry!














Sorry I once again got a little picture happy but it was so fun hearing her talk and telling stories about her books, why she wrote them, and her inspirations and everything!


After she got done talking we got in line to have our books signed. Karli was not in a picture mood so I had be a ninja to get a picture, sadly my camera wasn't as fast as my ninja skills!


Me playing guppy fish with Ducky who was a good sport and went with us since we had four tickets!


Lois Lowry signing all four of the books I could find in my boxes of hers!


The one book that I wanted signed the most was Number the Stars. If I couldn't find any of her other books this one was the one that was the most important one for me to find and take with me! I brought this copy about a month before Karli was born and actually was reading it the night before she was born so this very copy is almost 20 years old and after all these years it is in the top five of my favorite books beating our anything written by Mrs. Rowling and Mrs. Meyers! Sorry ladies! So I had Emma take a picture of me with my signed book!

And as proof I got all four books I could find personalized and signed I had to get pictures to share!


Number the Stars


The Giver


Messenger


And lastly her new one and the one I needed to buy to get into the signing, Son

I'm so glad I got to go and have this opportunity to meet and have her sign my books!
 

No comments: