Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Downtown Phoenix and Comicon Adventure


Last week Konner and I went on an adventure to the Phoenix Comicon and downtown Phoenix!


Konner and me on the lightrail on the way to Phoenix. The light rail was full of people dressed up to go Comicon and some, like us who were going but weren't dressed up. Including this guy that sat behind us that had this awesome #17 Phoenix Suns bag that I totally wanted!

The first thing we did was head into the Phoenix Convention center to go to the Comicon. Outside on the sidewalk was the Dukes of Hazards car and.....


Kit from Knight Rider

Once we got inside of the Comicon it was crazy busy with a ton of people dressed up and a lot of booths! One booth was the Ghostbusters of Arizona! I love Ghostbusters so I had to get a picture of them!

And while we were there Konner was taken by Storm Troopers!

But I was able to work my charms and have them fall for me so I could save Konner! See and I didn't even need a Princess Leia Return of the Jedi outfit to do it!

We also got swept up with some pirates!

Sorry the pictures are so dark but I have to say I really like this picture and the guys playing the pirates were rather cute!


Okay so now I have to set you all up for the next picture. Once we got down with the Comicon we were walking to the light rail station to get back to Mesa and I noticed that it was no joke right next to US Airways. Now I really wanted that Phoenix Suns bag that the guy on the light rail had so Konner and I decided to go down and look at the Team Shop since we had a whole bunch of nothingness to do. So we walk into the shop, and we were two of maybe five people shopping. So I started looking for the bag and for more #17 merchandise. (For those of you out of the loop or not big into the Suns, #17 is Louis Amundson and he is a power forward and is my new eye candy! Hehehe!) After looking for a little bit I decided to ask so I walked up to the front and ask someone. Konner was right behind me and had found the pile of form fingers. I was trying to keep an eye on him and make sure he wasn't prancing around the store with foam fingers on saying things like "I'm number one!" which I must admit would be a pretty funny sight!. I look up from him and at this small group of people a head of me at the check out and as soon as I saw who three of these four people were talking to my mouth completely fell open and I was got all excited! I quickly pulled Konner over to me and said "Ducky look who it is!!!" I pointed and Konner looked and said "Hey it's the Dragon guy!" Sure enough #2 Goran Dragic was right there buying something from the Team Shop! The little family of three in front of us was having him sign a shirt and he was so cute about it and asked more then once if they were sure that they wanted him to sign the shirt since he didn't want to ruin it. I was all sorts of giddy and excited to actually be meeting a member of the Suns. I know I have met Steve Nash, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Raja Bell at work, but that is different and I couldn't go and ask for a picture of be all fan like with them. It was more of a wave and hug and thanks for coming and seeing our sick babies. So as soon as he got done signing I quickly asked for a picture since I knew that he had to get back to practice.

Can you tell I was so excited! Duck thought it was cool to. I know we should have gotten the foam finger I got Konner but he was in a hurry and I didn't want him to get in trouble or anything like that so I just got a quick picture. He was really sweet, hot, tall, and had an awesome and sexy accent! Hehehehe! I'm still so excited about this picture!

Once we were done in the Team Shop, I had called or sent texts to everyone in my contacts list to tell them who I just met, and got back on the light rail we decided it was time for lunch. So off to Chick-Fil-A we went! This sign was sitting on our table and we both found it to be funny. It says Dessert is just the icing on the chicken.

Konner thinking he is number one!

But this time I have to say sorry but I am number one! Well me and the Phoenix Suns of course!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had such a blast going to Comicon in downtown Phoenix too. I even went to the zombie parade on Friday night, which was super cool.