Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Surgery!

Well as you all know I had my surgery on Monday and I am doing so beyond fabulous you would have thought I had it weeks ago! But trust me there is still a lot of healing and waiting left! But I would like to say thank you to everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers, put me on Temple prayer roles, called, text, came over, and everything else you did for me and my family during this time! I feel truly loved and blessed to have such amazing people and their love and support!!

So with that I bring you pictures my family took the day of my surgery and then a special and kinda gross one they took yesterday!


First here I am sitting after getting all checked in and waiting for the Pre-Op nurse to come and get me and the other patients waiting.



Here I am in Pre-Op just all dressed up with my fabulous surgical hat. This was about five minutes before my parents said good-bye and they rolled me into the ice block of a operating room!




This is what my family does while their are waiting for my surgery to get done with. Konner took this picture and as you can see my dad is asleep with his head under the chair in the green and brown blanket, Karli is center listening to her MP3 player in the orange camo blanket, and my mom is laying in the chairs in the green and blue dot blanket.



This is how Ducky passes the time, with his PSP! Llama has to work that morning so he didn't come with us.



And here I am after surgery up in my room with my awesome nurse Sandy!! She has been my nurse before and she knew just what I need in the pain department and she told the doctor what to write! I think she is a lot of the reason I am doing so well and came home so soon!! And in true Kassi form my trusty surgery good luck charms Carmichael my stuff cat that is over 20 years old on my lap and my blanket that Great-Grandma Hunt made me when I was born is behind my head. I have never had a surgery without them going to the hospital with me and I don't plan on ever changing that!



Here are my poor piggies in the most annoying machine ever! It is a ankle pumper and one of these wraps go on each foot and it switches off pumping up each wrap to help with circulation. I understand how important it is but I hated them being on my feet! But then again I don't like many things on my feet!



Okay before I show you this last picture let me warn you that if you have a weak stomach don't look at it! It is a picture of my surgery site! Consider this your disclaimer!!


******
*****
****
***
**
*



This was taken yesterday because my mom thought it was awesome! This is my new scar! Made out of some old scar and new! Yes the yellow, black, blue, purple, and red is bruises! But for those of you out there that work in the medical field doesn't this look just completely awesome! Even my home health/PT lady that was here yesterday and looked at it thought it looked so good for just being done on Monday! And it really doesn't look this bad in real life. The lighting was bad and the camera adds about ten times the gore onto things!


So there you go my surgery up date! Thank you all again for everything you have done and continue to do for me and my family during this time

3 comments:

Danielle Watts said...

Kassi.. your incision actually looks really good..and those are some awesome bruises! Glad to hear that you are feeling so well!!!! :) Miss you!- Danielle Watts

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad to see that everything went well! Grade post :]

Tracy said...

I'm glad you are doing well! And yes the surgical site is awesome looking!!!