Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

20 Years Ago!


20 years ago today..............


this kitty loving girl "popped" into the world!


No way!!

Yes Karli it's very true!!


20 years ago this cute chunkiness was born!

Wow 20 years! I won't lie it makes me feel very old but yet I remember her 1:01 am birth on September 5, 1993 like it was yesterday!

So with that being said I thought I would share a little bit of something I hold dear from that night/morning my one and only sister came into the world!

After a race car like drive to the hospital where Kristopher and I sat wide eyed in the backseat as our mother repeated in 15 seconds intervals that she needed to push and our dad replied in 15 second intervals not to and to hold on! As I have gotten older this memory makes me laugh mostly at my father! We made it to the hospital and my mom was hurried upstairs where it was very quickly determined that not only was she in labor but she was about two or so pushes away from being done with labor! For those of you wondering this whole labor process for my mother was about 45 minutes from start to finish!

As they waited for the doctor the nurses and my dad pretty much delivered Karli as I stood by my mom and Kristopher sat in a chair in the corner with very little view of what was going on except that his baby sister had just come out of my mom's legs so in his mind this meant she "popped out of her butt!" Yes the minds of three year olds are awesome and he told everyone and anyone he could this for the next couple of months! Again looking back this also makes me laugh!

Karli was placed on my mom's stomach briefly before being taken to be suction and cleaned up by the nurses. Kristopher and I followed the nurse and watched her every move over Karli. We asked about a million questions and she was so sweet and answered everyone of them without showing the annoyance I'm sure an almost 9 year old and 3 year old were causing her!

Once Karli was cleaned up and wrapped in warm blankets the nurse handed her to me and walked with me as I went over with my parents with my one and only sister!

I remember looking at her as I walked across the room that felt so long but I was glad it was! She was everything I could and would want in a sister. I know she was only minutes old but I knew I was in love with her and no matter what she would be my perfect sister!

I've always held dear that I was the first to really hold her and have treasured every second of that night and everything after!

20 years ago today God blessed me with my sister who no matter what in past, present, or future holds I will always love her no matter what!
  

Happy Birthday Baby and I love you!!

You rocked the first 20 years so I hope you are ready to rock the next 20 and beyond!

No comments: