Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2014

Tender Moment!


I'm still behind on a couple of posts that my goal is to be caught up on before Thanksgiving but I had the most overwhelming feeling that I needed to skip ahead and do this post!

My Grandpa Hatch or Papa Hatch to his great grandbabies has been really sick for the past month and a half about.

Even though his cancer hasn't gotten worse or spread other things have been going on that I will post about more in one of my catch up posts in the next coming weeks.

Right now he is down here in Mesa at the hospital and the night he got here my parents and brothers went to see him and my Grandma Hatch or Gigi to the great grandbabies.

I didn't know they were going and later that night I got on Facebook like I do at the end of the day to catch up on the lives of my family and close friends and this picture was one of the first things I saw that my mom had posted that night!


Instant hot, heart breaking tears rolled down both my cheeks within seconds of seeing it!

That is my Ducky in one of the most tender moments I have ever seen!

My mom said he was having a hard time seeing grandpa like this and you can tell in this picture but more than anything you can see the pure love, gratitude, and respect he has for our tough cowboy grandpa!

In an instant my baby brother was no longer a 15 year old teenage boy but was years older than his birth certificate states.

To me this picture is telling our grandpa everything he could every want to say to him and in a way is his own silent and personal way of saying I love you and goodbye.

These are two of my favorite men and in a way I feel sorry for Konner and almost guilty that I have gotten almost 30 years with this wonderful man and Ducky has only had half that amount.

But I know that when he is called home to be with our Father in Heaven he will be whole, healed, watching over, blessing us, and kissing and spoiling every single one of those great grandbabies waiting to come to earth.

Until then I will forever cherish this picture and I know no matter how many times I see it my heart will swell even more with love!

And I thank the Lord he allowed my mom to capture this most tender and sweet moment that we will all cherish!

No comments: