Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Honoring Those Who Serve!


Today is Veteran's Day.

Today we Honor and recognized all of the men and women who have served and are serving in the armed forces to keep this country free.


I realized I haven't really every blogged about this day like I do a lot of other holidays or observed days and decided that needs to change!

Now that I'm a mother I want my children to know the importance of today and days like it.

I want them to be thankful and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can live in a free country and have the life that we have.

I want them to be proud and respect that their Grandpa Truex (who passed away in 2006), served and fought for our county.

So today take a moment to be thankful, respectful, honor, and take joy in your life because of the brave men and women who have served, are serving, and will serve.

Take a moment of silence for them today and be proud of those you are honoring.

I hope that my children will grow up having this respect and teach it to their children as well.

Thank you Veterans for everything you have given and sacrificed so my husband, children, and myself can be and live free!

No comments: