Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving!


This year Ron, Rondalynn, Echo, and I had our Thanksgiving yesterday which I will be posting about later of course.

We did it the day before because Echo is heading out today to go to Texas for her niece's wedding tomorrow and Ron, Rondalynn, and I are heading out today to go up North for my Grandpa Hatch's Funeral on Saturday.

Normally I joke about stuffing our faces, napping, watching football, napping some more, eating some more, and enjoying time with your family but this year I want to post something different.

This year we may not be spending the Thanksgiving holiday doing something that you want to do and saying goodbye to a love one during the holidays is never easy but honestly it seemed like the most perfect time for this to all happen.

My Grandfather's death is of course sad and this weekend will no doubt be hard, especially when you add pregnancy hormones on top of it!

But at the same time it's a time to reflect not only his glorious life but the lives he started and everything the Lord has blessed us with!

So this Thanksgiving while we mourn and enjoy all the things that come with Thanksgiving as well I will be extra thankful for all the blessings I've been given in my life!

So to end this post I want to list 30 of those blessings I'm thankful for and I've set this goal for myself to think of these 30 things daily plus anything else that comes to my mind every day for the next year and more because I know just by doing that it will enrich my life even more than it already is!

And of course these are in no real order!

1. My amazing husband Ron!

2. Our beautiful daughter, Rondalynn!

3. Our precious and active Mister Little Bean who we can't wait to meet in February!

4. My wonderful parents and mother in law!

5. My awesome siblings and sister in law!

6. My fun nieces and nephews!

7. My fuzzy loves! My fur baby Socrates and fur sister Raven!

8. My loving grandparents and grandparent in laws!

9. All of my huge and crazy extended family!

10. All of my wonderful and caring friends!

11. Modern technology that allows me to keep in contact with all those fun, beautiful, amazing, and wonderful people listed above!

12. Wonderful modern medical technology that has been a huge blessing this pregnancy and recently made sure that Little Bean stayed cooking until his February debut date!

13. My beautiful home and having a place to live!

14. This wonderful and free land we live in and that I can raise my children in!

15. Arizona! Have you seen the weather in other parts of the country! My hips protest just watching the news! I'm so glad that I live in Arizona!

16. Naps! Even though Rondalynn doesn't think she needs to take one or a long one most of the time I'm still thankful for the little ones she does!

17. The movie the Corpse Bride! Rondalynn LOVES this movie! I don't put it on for her all the time but it has helped this mommy get a happy baby and some things done when teething blues hit!

18. Photos!

19. My blogs and the great journal it's allowed me to do!

20. Frozen Hot Chocolate! A go to this pregnancy for the sweet tooth and sad days!

21. My religion!

22. The wonderful people of my ward and all the help they have given us and blessing they have been!

23. Temples and the fact that we have five in Arizona and so many so close to be able to go to so often!

24. Date nights even if it's just to run through a drive thru real fast to come home and eat it's still a nice little date!

25. Ad matching! Yes I know it's crazy but I've become a master at this, I love it, and it's saved us so much!

26. Root beer! Since I won't drink my beloved Coca-Cola while pregnant this has stepped in to help when I need that extra sugar when out and about!

27. Missionaries! Especially my two cousins out in the mission field right now!

28. Hot showers!

29. Sports! I may be the only sports nut in my household until my children are older and I've taught them the way of the sports fan, but I still love them!

30. Chocolate!

This is only 30 things but I know I have so many more things to be thankful for!

So once again Happy Thanksgiving from the Truex Family to yours!

We hope you have a fun, safe, beautiful, and food coma inducing Thanksgiving!
 

I'm hoping after today to start catching up on my blog post since we are getting into the busiest time of the year with lots of blog posts to come! But I wanted to let the post for my grandfather be on here until today without any other posts in his honor.

No comments: