Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cemetery trip with Tarin!

The weekend before I was finally able to go back to work my bestest friend Tarin and I went on an overnight cemetery trip because I love cemeteries and it's October so it totally fits!


Our first stop was to the Pine Cemetery!


This is where Tarin's Great Grandparents are buried.


Tarin's Grandparents are also buried here.

This cemetery was in the middle of some beautiful pines and had a lot of very old grave! It was very neat!

Our next stop was to Showlow! The last time I was at this cemetery was in 1996 and I couldn't believe how much they have expanded it! It was the nicest grass and some pretty awesome trees too!


This is my Grandma Hatch's grandparents. We walked by this grave three or four times looking for it before we looked and the map and found it!


This is my second cousin Kyra. She was burned over 97% of her body and lived for two months in the Maricopa burn unit before she passed away from a secondary infection. In the fire she lost both of her hands when the lighter she was holding malfunctioned and exploded. She was a trooper and had the best attitude the whole time she was there. Those are her actually hand prints on her headstone that were done shortly before the fire.

When we got done at the Showlow cemetery and went to have a late lunch we drove to my Grandma and Grandpa Hatch's house in Taylor

We sat and visited for a long while with grandma and then we went to the Snowflake Temple because Tarin had never seen it in the night time!


Tarin and me freezing our butts off out in front of the Temple! Don't you love my ducky slippers!
The next couple of pictures are just of the Temple at night that I took and thought was really cool!




After We got done with pictures and freezing our butts off we went and had the most delicious dinner and more talking and laughing before turning in for the night.

The next morning we got up and had a fabulous breakfast of biscuits and gravy and then got ready to head out for the day!

First we went to the Taylor cemetery which has to be one of my favorite one, but that could be because my grandmother took us there all the time from about the time we could walk!


Here is my cousin's twin boys Ethan and Dylan who were only here a very short time.


The grave of the Unknown solider from WWII


This is also Where this sweet little girl is buried. This is London, I took care of her while I was working at Phoenix Children's Hospital. She was such a sweetheart!


This is my Great grandma and grandpa Hatch


These are long passed cousins that died in the early 1900's. They were all siblings. Annie, Henry, and Alice.


My Great grandma Adams


My great grandpa Adams.

After the cemetery we went back to the Temple because Tarin wanted to see it again in the day time and of course we wanted more pictures!


A really good one in the day that I was more then happy with!


Tarin and me in front of the Temple


A cool angle picture.


My grandma wanted to take this picture because of the flag in the back. The wind was blowing that day, as it does everyday up there, so it was very neat looking.


And I couldn't resist taking this picture of the red tree! I love fall!!


And again Tarin and me in front of the beautiful waterfall in front of the Temple!

After we took all the pictures at the Temple we said our goodbyes and then headed off for our last part of our adventure!


Before we left Taylor we drove through Snowflake and stopped to see a couple of things.


This is a monument to the founders of Snowflake.


When coming back to the car from the monument we came across this beyond cute acorn tree! So of course we had to get an acorn each and take a picture!


And lastly in Snowflake I had to show Tarin this cute little cabin which I knew she would love and she totally did!


Once We got done in Snowflake we headed to Holbrook to have lunch before going home with the Larson side of my family and also because Tarin had never been to Holbrook!


We had a fabulous and beyond tasty lunch at Wayside and I had my favorite thing there, a pineapple coke!!!! And when we were leaving we ran into these guys!


The mighty T-Rex!


And the huge long neck and her baby!


It was a lot of fun and we may have to do this every year and go to different cemeteries in the state!

1 comment:

Tarin Rose said...

I found a cemetary while I was driving today that we might have to start our next cemetery trip with. It looks old and fabulous!