Quote of the day

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 27, 2014

"See You On The Other Side"

Earlier this week the entertainment world lost a great actor, writer, and director.

Normally I don't post entertainment news on here unless to me it's big personally for some reason and sadly this fell into that category!

Harold Ramis who actor, wrote, or directed many great films such as.........

Caddyshack

Meatballs

Stripes

and Groundhog's Day

But one of his most biggest credits was..............

Ghostbusters 1 and 2

Are you all now starting to see why this is an important entertainment new event for me!

He not only wrote them but he was one of the main characters in them.


Dr. Egon Spengler

Ghostbuster are two of my most favorite movies and I thank my parents for introducing me to them when I was little!

Even though I watched them so much I wore out the VHS, had ALL the action figures, never missed an episode of the cartoon, and would get in trouble at preschool for taking all the white Play-Doh to make the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man!

I also had to buy the anniversary collection of the movies when they came out on DVD, was considering joining the Arizona chapter of the Ghostbusters, and when that chapter came to work Child Life knew each time I had to see them after all the kids were done!


As you can see I loved it when they came to work!

These movies started my great love for the entertainment world (the older one long before the mostly horrible one we live in now!) and the love for great movies such as the ones listed above!

It also made me make sure I never missed a movies with any of the four actors that played the four main characters!

So when I found out he had passed I was honestly heartbroken since this is the first actor that I have loved since a child to pass away!

So to close out this post I wish that Harold Ramis will rest in peace and


in the words of Dr. Peter Vankman (aka Bill Murray) in Ghostbusters 1

"We'll see you on the other side!"

No comments: